Is there a minimum education requirement for the real estate industry?
The conditions for the licensing of the real estate industry are included in the “Fit and proper person to hold a licence” guidelines issued by the Estate Agent Authority (EAA). All real estate agents and salespersons who wish to be licensed must abide by this guideline.
The EAA listed the educational requirements for real estate agents and salespersons in the “Fit and proper person to hold a licence”guidelines. The minimum requirement to apply for a license is to graduate from secondary school Form 5 under the Hong Kong regime or the equivalent level. Form 5 level means finishing the high school secord year, regardless of the results in HKDSE or HKCEE.
If the student has not graduated from Form 5 of a Hong Kong secondary school, the following academic qualifications can be substituted:
- Education or examination institutions or courses registered with the government
- For example: Secondary schools registered with the Hong Kong Education Bureau
- Or a government-approved higher education college
- Those included in the recognized qualifications register
- For example: those listed in the Australian qualifications framework
- Hong Kong Central Online Database: https://www.hkqr.gov.hk/HKQRPRD/web/hkqr-en/index.html/
- Institution recognized by the government or its affiliates for awarding qualifications
- For example: Mainland institutions recognized by the State Council of China
- Institution authorized by the laws of relevant countries/regions to grant qualifications
- For example: British universities approved by relevant Acts of the British Parliament
- Qualification accredited by recognized bodies
- For example: institutions in the United States accredited by bodies recognized by the Secretary of Education
Or if students have completed the following levels, they can also meet the requirements:
Completion of the following or higher education qualifications will be deemed to meet the relevant academic requirements:
- Hong Kong:
- -The fifth grade of secondary school (including the fifth grade of secondary school under the new high school structure);
- -Passed results in 5 different subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination*;
- Completion of the Yi Jin Diploma course (must have passed results in 10 different subjects)
- -Obtain specified results in any five subjects of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE)**;
- Mainland China: high school or polytechnic school;
- Australia: Grade 11;
- Canada: Grade 11;
- New Zealand: Grade 11
- England: Grade 11 or Form 5
- United States: Grade 11
- Philippine: University year 1
- Other regions/countries: consider under individual circumstances
Guidelines on “Fit and proper person to hold a licence” in the Real Estate Ordinance (Chapter 41) (GL23/Guideline 23)
For more detailed information, please refer to:
Or call the hotline of the Estate Agents Authority at 2111 2777 (press 2, 2 after language selection).
The EAA did not propose a method to waive academic qualifications. However, if students have not completed the relevant academic qualifications, do not falsify academic qualifications, because EAA will contact your alma mater or government department to verify whether the supporting documents and academic qualifications you submit are true.
How can we help?
2CExam provides HKSI LE, IIQE, EAQE and SQE related exam preparation materials. We sell mock question banks for EAQE and SQE in Chinese and English. We also offer 1 on 1 tutorial services. Besides, we have also made free bibles and free tutorial videos for EAQE and SQE and posted on public channels such as Youtube/ Bilibili/ Tencent/ Iqiyi. 2CExam has been an exam training expert for years. Should you need any help please visit www.2cexam.com or contact us through:
Phone +852 2110 9644 Email: email@example.com Wechat: hk2cexam WhatsApp: +852 9347 2064
+852 2110 9644
+852 9347 2064
HKSI LE Securities Exam Info For Dummies What papers should I take The differences between a SFC Responsible Officer (RO), HKMA Executive Officer (EO) and a Sale Representative (Rep) https://2cexam.com.hk/a1061_eng/ Which paper I should take： https://2cexam.com.hk/A1064_eng/ Waiving LE Papers 7-12： https://2cexam.com.hk/A1015_eng/ FAQ about exemption： https://2cexam.com.hk/A1018_eng/ Exam Registration Registration…
2CExam is excellent at preparing candidates for professional examinations. Why do so many people choose 2CExam’s products and watch 2CExam’s video classes? 2CExam provides a large number of Youtube video classes, including HKSI LE Papers 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 12 Chinese courses, HKSI LE Paper 1 English courses, IIQE Papers 1, 2,…
Do bibles include practise questions? Bible and Pass Paper Question Bank are two separate products. “Bible” is composed by us according to HKSI’s study manual and does not consist of any mock questions. It is a study note available in Chinese only as of now. “Pass Paper Question Bank” includes questions prepared by us, with…
How are mock questions written by 2CExam? Are the questions past paper questions? What are the specialties and advantages of 2CExam’s question banks?
How are mock questions written by 2CExam? Are the questions past paper questions? Due to intellectual property issues, 2CExam mock questions are not copied from the past papers, but composed by their own editors. The questions are different from the questions you are going to see in the actual exam. If they bear any resemblance…
There’s a money-back guarantee for 2CExam’s products? 100% full refund? Do they really refund? Absolutely we do refund. We only make promises that we can keep. As long as candidates follow the instructions on the terms and conditions of Money-back Guarantee, we offer 100% full refund. Why are we so confident? It is because based…
Do you need to take the HKSI LE securities exam / IIQE insurance exam / EAQE, SQE real estate exam? Are you upset about how to stuff the considerable knowledge into your brain? 2CExam is here to help! Our motto is “Despise Learning, Secure Passing!” Our company provides various exam related products and…
Can Top Up Degree be exempted from HKSI LE securities examination? Can I be exempted without previously studied finance?
The Guidelines on Competence of the SFC specify that as long as students meet the specified level of academic qualifications and/or work experience, they can be exempted and do not need to take the HKSI LE Securities Examination Papers 7-12. Exempted students only need to take the HKSI LE paper 1, which saves time,…
Some students who have taken the exams several times may pay attention to both the Chinese and English questions simultaneously, they will find that the content of the questions in Chinese or English exam is actually the same. Sometimes the topics are more difficult to understand in Chinese, and some topics are more difficult…
The HKSI LE exam provides two languages, Chinese and English, and both are provided during the exam. Some students who have taken the exams several times may pay attention to both the Chinese and English questions simultaneously, they will find that the content of the questions in Chinese or English exams is actually…
From time to time, students who purchase mock questions will ask us whether it is better to take the IIQE exam in Chinese or English? Some students who have taken the exams several times may pay attention to both the Chinese and English questions simultaneously. They will find that the content of the…