To become a real estate agent/salesperson, you need to meet a number of conditions including minimum academic requirements in order to successfully apply for a license.
Can I work as a real estate agent/salesperson if I fail the HKCEE?
The website of the Estate Agents Authority contains a page of guidelines on the minimum academic requirements. As long as a person completes fifth grade of middle school education (form 5 in Hong Kong secondary school/ graduate from high school) or higher, you can meet the requirements. In other words, even if you fail the Certificate of Education Examination (CE) or the Diploma of Secondary Education (DSE), as long as you have graduated from Form 5, or you have taken a recognized course beyond Form 5 level, you can fulfil the academic qualifications requirement. The results of the HKCC or DSE examination are not the only conditions that will be considered.
However, when submitting a license application, students also need to submit one of the following designated supporting documents:
- Documents issued by recognized educational institutions, such as graduation certificates, transcripts or confirmation letters, etc.
- A certificate of qualification issued by a recognized examination or assessment institution indicating the subjects passed (e.g. a pass in 5 different subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE).
Guidelines on recognition of academic qualifications by the Estate Agents Authority
The guidelines of the Estate Agents Authority are fairly clear and easy to understand. Basically, one of the following types of institutions are accredited education or examination institutions or courses:
- Education or examination institutions or courses registered with the government
- For example: Secondary schools registered with the Hong Kong Education Bureau
- Or a government-approved higher education college
- Those included in the recognized qualifications register
- For example: listed in the Australian qualifications framework
- Hong Kong Central Online Database: https://www.hkqr.gov.hk/HKQRPRD/web/hkqr-en/index.html/
- Recognized by the government or its affiliates as an institution for awarding qualifications
- For example: Mainland institutions recognized by the State Council of China
- Institution authorized by the laws of relevant countries/regions to grant qualifications
- For example: British universities approved by relevant bills of the British Parliament
- Accredited accredited by recognized bodies
- For example: institutions in the United States accredited by bodies recognized by the Secretary of Education
Or if students have completed the following levels, they can also meet the requirements:
Completion of the following or higher education qualifications will be deemed to meet the relevant academic requirements:
- Hong Kong:
- -The fifth grade of middle school (including the fifth grade of middle school under the new high school structure);
- -Passed results in 5 different subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination*;
- Completion of the Yi Jin Diploma course (must have passed results in 10 different subjects)
- -Obtain specified results in any five subjects of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE)**;
- Mainland China: high school or technical secondary school;
- Australia: Grade 11;
- Canada: Grade 11;
- New Zealand: Grade 11
- England: Grade 11 or Form 5
- United States: Grade 11
- Philippine: University year 1
- Other regions/countries: consider under individual circumstances
For more detailed information, please refer to:
Or call the hotline of the Estate Agents Authority at 2111 2777 (press 2, 2 after language selection).
What should I do if I lose the relevant academic certificate?
If students wish to use the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (CE), Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (AL), and Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (DSE) as proof of application for a real estate license, but unfortunately lose their transcripts, they can apply for an official copy from the HKEAA:
If a student wants to apply with a graduation certificate or academic certificate, but unfortunately loses the relevant documents, you need to check with your alma mater on how to reissue the certificate.
If the student wishes to apply with the overseas exam certificate, but unfortunately loses the relevant documents, you need to obtain the relevant reissued documents from the relevant exam supervision agency.
What should I do if I fail to meet the academic requirements?
At present, there are a large number of courses in the market. Students can consult those institutions or directly to the Estate Agents Authority to find out whether a course meets the standards of the Estate Agents Authority. Students can choose to study at the same level as Hong Kong’s Form 5 academic qualifications, or even higher level courses.
How can we help?
2CExam provides HKSI LE, IIQE, EAQE and SQE related exam preparation materials. We sell mock question banks for IIQE Papers 1, 2, 3, 5 and MPFE in Chinese and English; and bibles for IIQE Papers 1, 2, 3, MPFE in Chinese. We also offer 1 on 1 tutorial services. Besides, we have also made free tutorial videos for IIQE Papers 1, 2, 3 and MPFE and posted on public channels such as Youtube/ Bilibili/ Tencent/ Iqiyi. 2CExam has been an exam training expert for years. Should you need any help please visit www.2cexam.com or contact us through:
Phone +852 2110 9644 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Wechat: hk2cexam WhatsApp: +852 9347 2064
+852 2110 9644
+852 9347 2064
HKSI LE Securities Exam Info For Dummies What papers should I take The differences between a SFC Responsible Officer (RO), HKMA Executive Officer (EO) and a Sale Representative (Rep) https://2cexam.com.hk/a1061_eng/ Which paper I should take： https://2cexam.com.hk/A1064_eng/ Waiving LE Papers 7-12： https://2cexam.com.hk/A1015_eng/ FAQ about exemption： https://2cexam.com.hk/A1018_eng/ Exam Registration Registration…
2CExam is excellent at preparing candidates for professional examinations. Why do so many people choose 2CExam’s products and watch 2CExam’s video classes? 2CExam provides a large number of Youtube video classes, including HKSI LE Papers 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 12 Chinese courses, HKSI LE Paper 1 English courses, IIQE Papers 1, 2,…
Do bibles include practise questions? Bible and Pass Paper Question Bank are two separate products. “Bible” is composed by us according to HKSI’s study manual and does not consist of any mock questions. It is a study note available in Chinese only as of now. “Pass Paper Question Bank” includes questions prepared by us, with…
How are mock questions written by 2CExam? Are the questions past paper questions? What are the specialties and advantages of 2CExam’s question banks?
How are mock questions written by 2CExam? Are the questions past paper questions? Due to intellectual property issues, 2CExam mock questions are not copied from the past papers, but composed by their own editors. The questions are different from the questions you are going to see in the actual exam. If they bear any resemblance…
There’s a money-back guarantee for 2CExam’s products? 100% full refund? Do they really refund? Absolutely we do refund. We only make promises that we can keep. As long as candidates follow the instructions on the terms and conditions of Money-back Guarantee, we offer 100% full refund. Why are we so confident? It is because based…
Do you need to take the HKSI LE securities exam / IIQE insurance exam / EAQE, SQE real estate exam? Are you upset about how to stuff the considerable knowledge into your brain? 2CExam is here to help! Our motto is “Despise Learning, Secure Passing!” Our company provides various exam related products and…
Can Top Up Degree be exempted from HKSI LE securities examination? Can I be exempted without previously studied finance?
The Guidelines on Competence of the SFC specify that as long as students meet the specified level of academic qualifications and/or work experience, they can be exempted and do not need to take the HKSI LE Securities Examination Papers 7-12. Exempted students only need to take the HKSI LE paper 1, which saves time,…
Some students who have taken the exams several times may pay attention to both the Chinese and English questions simultaneously, they will find that the content of the questions in Chinese or English exam is actually the same. Sometimes the topics are more difficult to understand in Chinese, and some topics are more difficult…
The HKSI LE exam provides two languages, Chinese and English, and both are provided during the exam. Some students who have taken the exams several times may pay attention to both the Chinese and English questions simultaneously, they will find that the content of the questions in Chinese or English exams is actually…
From time to time, students who purchase mock questions will ask us whether it is better to take the IIQE exam in Chinese or English? Some students who have taken the exams several times may pay attention to both the Chinese and English questions simultaneously. They will find that the content of the…